RDP Quick Links
- Technical Staff Bios
- Evaluations / Try-Outs
- Player Pathway
- Jr. RDP (U6/U7)
2019 House-League Soccer
U6/U7 Training Development Program
Learning the Game - Fundamentals
The Junior Rep Development Program is an extra weekly technical session available to our house-league players looking to transition into our Rep Development Program at the U8 age group. The sessions are more technical in nature than the house-league practices, and are led by Coach Mamadou (who coaches in the Rep Development Program) and Coach Silviu (our Sports Club Manager & Soccer Technical Director).
Below is more information on the program, including details on our development model, curriculum, and the program's dates.
Jr. RDP is now year-round! We are pleased to announce that we will be offering an indoor component for Jr. RDP. For all the details for the 2019-20 indoor season, please see below!
- To develop skilled, confident and creative players. The Coach as a FACILITATOR & TEACHER. The players as decision makers
- To make the game Fun to practice and play. “Serious Fun”- A combination of positive Environment and Challenging Practices
- To teach good sportsmanship and Respect for all. Strong values, Good Character, Good Competitor, Good Citizen
- To value winning but not more than character and performance. Player Development is more important than Short Term results
FOUR CORNER DEVELOPMENT MODEL:
JUNIOR TRAINING PROGRAM – Technical
(Warm-up with Ball – Agility, Reaction, Coordination, Technical – Game-Related Practice – 4v4/5v5 SSG Free Play, Cool Down)
- Week 1: Ball Familiarity
Develop ability to Control the Ball
- Week 2: Dribbling To Create Space
Cuts, Turns, Change Direction and Pace
- Week 3: Dribbling Going to Goal to Beat Defenders (1v1)
Fakes, Feints and Moves
- Week 4: Shooting Technique
- Week 5: Tournament Play
- Week 6: Passing and Receiving
- Week 7: Combining with Teammates
Introduce combination plays with two or three players
- Week 8: Defending Principles
Introduce simple defending skills
1v1 challenging the ball carrier to regain possession
- Week 9: Attacking Principles
Introduce simple attacking combination skills
2v2 challenge the 1st defender using the 2nd attacker for support
- Week 10: Tournament Play
Practice sessions are planned so that they involve a Warm-up, a Physical an introduction to the Technique, a progression of the Technique Game Related, and a Scrimmage Game. The sessions will focus on the development of technique in ball control, dribbling, passing, shooting and introduction to defending / attacking skills. The majority of the exercises at this stage will focus on the 1v1 and 2v2 model (FUNDAMENTALS).
All players will be given a written Junior Training Assessment Report at the end of the program.
The Progression of Player Development part of our Jr. RDP is concentrated on:
- BALL MASTERY The Foundation-Touch, Control, Confidence
- 1v1 MOVES Individual Skill to keep possession, Dribbling, Change of direction, Feints, Stops and starts
- RECEIVING and PASSING Team work skills
- SPEED Mental and Physical speed with & without the ball- Acceleration, Reaction, and Decision Making
- FINISHING Focus, Timing, Courage, Concentration, Striking
- GROUP PLAY Putting ALL together-Group Defence, Fast break Attack, Combination Play
JUNIOR RDP PRACTICE OBJECTIVES
Introduce basic individual techniques
Develop agility, balance, coordination with or without the ball
SOCIAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL (20%)
Create positive learning environment – Increase confidence with the ball –Playing with the teammates
NO tactical objectives at this stage.
PROGRAM TIMELINE & REGISTRATION
NEW this year is our Indoor Jr. RDP! Players can sign up for the Full Indoor session, or choose between the Fall and Winter sessions.
Note: non-marking, indoor shoes must be worn.
- Fall Session (9 weeks) - Oct 23,30, Nov 6,13,20,27, Dec 4,11,18 - $340
- Winter Session (9 weeks) - Jan 8,15,22,29 Feb 5,12,19,26, Mar 4 - $340
- Full Indoor (18 weeks) - Oct 23,30, Nov 6,13,20,27, Dec 4,11,18 Jan 8,15,22,29 Feb 5,12,19,26, Mar 4 - $580
To register for either of the above sessions - please visit our online registration portal - PowerUp Sports.
Any questions about the program can be directed to Anthony, Club Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org